Malta Residence and Visa Programme
The Malta Residence and Visa Programme
The Malta Citizenship Investment Scheme, also known as the Malta Individual Investor Programme (MIIP) is aimed at individuals with a very high net worth. A minimum of €650,000 is required by individual investors to be contributed to the national development fund set up by the government. An additional investment of €150,000 in a government approved financial instrument and commitment to residency in Malta for a minimum of 5 years, either via rental or purchase of a property. The property value for real estate that has been purchased must be a minimum of €350,000. For a rental property, a commitment of €16,000 per annum is required. Each family member must also contribute €25,000 to the development fund. After one year of residency, benefits include: citizenship and a Maltese second passport. This in turn grants an EU citizenship and the ability to live, work and study throughout the EU.
This is without a doubt an excellent option for investors who hold large amounts of capital and are interested in securing a UK citizenship through investing.
Qualifications & Conditions
An application under the Malta Residence and Visa Programme must satisfy several requirements. The main applicant of the MRVP must
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- A Non-EU/EEA/Swiss national;
- Be carrying a valid travel document;
- Be proper and healthy with no criminal record;
- Holding a global health insurance plan;
- Not be someone benefitting from another Malta residence or employment programme;
- Receive resources which are stable and dependable that are sufficient enough to maintain themselves and their dependents. Applicants may provide a decree proclaiming that they have an annual income above €100,000 surfacing from outside of Malta, or that they have capital of at least €500,000;
- Hold a qualified property for a minimum of five years. This property could be purchased in Malta for at least €320,000 (or €270,000 if based in Gozo or the South of Malta).
- Similarly, applicants can also rent a property in Malta for at least €12,000 per annum (or €10,000 if rented in Gozo or the south of Malta).
- Invest at least €250,000 in debt or equity securities listed on the Official Malta Stock Exchange. Identity Malta will provide a list of eligible investments (e.g. Malta Government Bonds). Furthermore, these investments must be held for at least five years.
What are the Benefits of a Malta Residence Visa Program?
- Visa-free travel to all Schengen Areas. Schengen Areas include most European states, such as, Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
- Malta’s tax structure is appealing to high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs and their families.
- Stable political, social and economic environment.
- Malta has double-taxation settlements with over 70 countries.
- Malta is in a strategic location with prime international flight and sea networks.
- English speaking environment.
- Malta is home to world-renowned healthcare and educational facilities that are open to all who reside in Malta.
We can help you obtain European Citizenship.
Contact us to discover your options.
|United Kingdom||+44 0 20 8638 8814|
|USA||+1 (646) 960 9099|
|Hong Kong||+852 8198 2340|
|China||+86(0)21 3606 8375|
|South Africa||+27 0 21 825 9991|
Get in Contact
145-157, St. John Street
London, EC1V 4PW
© Copyright: Europassport 2006-2020. All Rights Reserved